A lawn mower and snow blower combo means that the snow blower is attached to the front of a lawn mower. You can use the lawn mower’s power to eliminate excess snow on your property without too much effort. That way, you will remove tons of snow within an hour but be sure to conduct thorough research to know which products are available before going to the stores.
Lawn mower and snow blower combo, these are your options:
- Husqvarna ST42E Snow Thrower Attachment with Electric Lift
- MTD Two-Stage Snow Thrower Mower Attachment
- Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Mower
- Snow Thrower Attachment for Cub Cadet – Cub Cadet 42 In
- Husqvarna 967343901 Two-Stage Mounted Snow Thrower (Manual Lift)
- MTD Three-Stage Snow Thrower Attachment
- A Universal Snow Removing Attachment – Nortrac 3-Pt. Snow Blower
- Husqvarna 581 Tractor Mount Two-Stage Snow Blower
Although attaching your snow blower to the lawn mower might seem like a task meant for experts, it is pretty easy to do, so there is no need to panic. The user manuals help you to know the right ways of installing the attachment. Getting a lawn mower and snow blower combo is the right choice if you have a large property, making it easy to clear snow without any damage to your home.
In this post, you will get the necessary details to show why this combination is useful and why you should consider picking this option instead of investing in an expensive snow blower.
- 1 Lawn Mower and Snow Blower Combo Options
- 1.1 ● Husqvarna ST42E Snow Thrower Attachment with Electric Lift
- 1.2 ● MTD Two-Stage Snow Thrower Mower Attachment
- 1.3 ● Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Mower
- 1.4 ● Snow Thrower Attachment for Cub Cadet – Cub Cadet 42 Inch
- 1.5 ● Husqvarna 967343901 Two-Stage Mounted Snow Thrower (Manual Lift)
- 1.6 ● MTD Three-Stage Snow Thrower Attachment
- 1.7 ● A Universal Snow Removing Attachment – Nortrac 3-Pt. Snow Blower
- 1.8 ● Husqvarna 581 Tractor Mount Two-Stage Snow Blower
- 2 How Does an Attachment Work?
- 3 Tips for Choosing the Right Snow Blower Attachment
- 4 7 Things to consider when buying a lawn mower and snow blower combo attachment
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Final remarks
Lawn Mower and Snow Blower Combo Options
Although Husqvarna and MTD are known to make some of the best riding snow blower attachments, other firms still make ideal attachments that you should try. Such companies give you different styles until you find a suitable one, so look at some of the options discussed below:
● Husqvarna ST42E Snow Thrower Attachment with Electric Lift
With the electric lift, you can quickly adjust the machine, depending on the terrain, without the equipment.
- It has a 12-inch serrated auger allowing you to throw the snow far.
- It has a 180-degree chute that can be remotely controlled.
- The attachment is lightweight, so you can hook and remove it without assistance.
● MTD Two-Stage Snow Thrower Mower Attachment
These models are considered some of the best in the industry. It is made of durable steel, which allows you to enjoy using the machine for years to come.
- It has an 18-inch auger that helps you to chop up the snow and toss it away.
- The machine has a 42 by 20-inch unit that allows you to deal with deep snow.
- Its remote-controlled chute can rotate for up to 22 degrees, allowing you to direct the snow.
● Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Mower
The tractor is highly resourceful regarding snow removal, as it has a powerful engine with unmatched performance. The mower uses an air induction mechanism, making it possible to clean, thus requiring fewer maintenance services.
- Compatible with most snowblower attachments.
- It has efficient power, thanks to its powerful engine.
- Easy to clean due to its induction mechanism.
● Snow Thrower Attachment for Cub Cadet – Cub Cadet 42 Inch
The company is known to make superior snowblower attachment equipment, efficiently getting rid of the snow. This 42-inch machine can quickly finish the task and clear snow up to 18 inches deep. Since the machine is made from sturdy steel, you can be guaranteed to use it for several years without replacing it.
- It has a heavy-duty steel cutting plate, making the machine sturdy and durable.
- Easy to run and maintain machine.
- It has a high-capacity accelerator, which is useful in chopping off snow deposits.
● Husqvarna 967343901 Two-Stage Mounted Snow Thrower (Manual Lift)
With this model, you can comfortably handle snow up to 18 inches, thanks to its 12-inch serrated auger.
- It has a 180-degree chute that lets you operate without stopping.
- The machine can be manually adjusted to work over cement or gravel.
● MTD Three-Stage Snow Thrower Attachment
With this machine, you can easily remove snow from uneven terrain without damaging your property.
- The attachment is sturdy and durable, enabling you to use it for many years.
- It has adjustable scraper blades that help you to plow into different areas in your driveway.
● A Universal Snow Removing Attachment – Nortrac 3-Pt. Snow Blower
The machine is equipped to remove snow deposits from gardens and lawns, making it one of the best attachments. With a 40 feet throwing distance, you will have a vast range to deposit the chopped snow. The operator can adjust the attachment to the direction and location you want to deposit the snow.
- It is easy to mount it on the lawn mower.
- It clears up to 60 inches of snow in one sweep.
- It has a durable auger, hence offering maximum durability.
● Husqvarna 581 Tractor Mount Two-Stage Snow Blower
Using this model, you can throw snow up to 50 feet since it has a large housing unit and a power blade steel auger.
- It has a high-speed impeller letting you throw snow up to 50 feet.
- The machine has an electronic lift, which makes it easy to lift the snow.
- The tool has a hydro-heavy duty gearbox that equipment is meant for long-term use.
How Does an Attachment Work?
Depending on your lawnmower, you can quickly hook your new attachment. It has instructions on how to fix it, and there are online manuals you can use. What is needed is to ensure the attachment is well-fixed so that it has enough power needed to blow a lot of snow from the property.
Tips for Choosing the Right Snow Blower Attachment
If you do not own a riding mower or tractor, investing in one during winter is the best method to get the machine cheaply. Below are a few things you need to know when buying a snow blower:
● Look At Your Winter Months
If you have a long and heavy winter season, the attachment should be strong enough to serve you. You should also consider how regular snowfalls happen to determine which machine is right. Investing in the right equipment prevents you from hiring a snow removal service, mainly if your area receives deep and heavy snowfalls.
● What Type Of Lawn Mower Do You Have?
If you have been interested in investing in a riding mower for a while, the winter season should be the right time. The items are at a discount, letting you get the right riding mower or tractor at a favorable rate.
● The Storage
These attachments are big and require you to have enough storage space to avoid damaging your machine. Ensure the area is moisture-free since you do not want moisture to affect the device. Cleaning the space and ensuring there are no rodents is also crucial since these animals might chew your cords, which prevents your machine from running as expected.
● The Size of Your Yard
If you have a regular driveway, this combination is not essential. These attachments best serve people with a long driveway and large yard to clean the snow quickly. With the attachment combos, clearing your long driveway will take the least time, and you can quickly remove most of it within a short time.
● Type of Fuel
Choosing electric lawn mowers helps you save on fuel expenses and maintenance costs compared to your gas counterparts. But do not forget that using batteries in winter will decrease the capacity.
The ideal riding mowers should be compatible with the snow blower attachments. If the attachments do not have compatibility properties, it will be hard to attach these items. Find riding lawnmowers with a plow since they are customized to help with snow removal.
● Pros of Snow Blower Attachments
- The Speed: Lawnmowers move faster, which allows you to clear lots of snow within a short moment.
- No Straining: Since you will be riding your lawn mower when removing snow, you will not twist your ankle or run out of breath while removing the snow. The lawn mower and snow blower combination equips you with the right tool to operate safely and effectively.
- Easy to Clear the Snow: If you have a large yard, getting this attachment is the right way to clear lots of snow. It is also suitable for a paved driveway to remove gravel and stones from the property.
● Cons of Snow Blower Attachments
- The Cost: A snow blower attachment could cost up to $1,500, which is more than what you can get for a quality snow blower.
- Storage: If you have limited space, it will be impossible to store the attachment because it requires ample space.
- The Conversion Problem: Since storing your machine with the snow blower attachment is hard, you can remove it after removing your property’s snow. It becomes a hassle for many people if you lack a convenient space to switch the equipment.
7 Things to consider when buying a lawn mower and snow blower combo attachment
Here are the seven most important things to consider when buying a lawn mower and snow blower combo attachments.
● Adjustable discharge chute:
I recommend choosing a convenient and flexible machine that can adjust the angle of the snow discharge chute without having to stand up or leave your seat.
● Adjustable skid shoes:
If the lawnmower snowblower combo has adjustable skid shoes, it is more comfortable for the rider and helps your machine last longer.
● Clearing capacity:
Measure the length and width of your driveway where you plan to remove the snow coming winter and choose a machine with a matching clearing capacity:
- Regular driveway: For a regular driveway, a smaller machine, forty to fifty inches wide, can remove snow from a smaller driveway within 3 or 4 passes.
- Wide driveway: If you have a wide driveway, I recommend a fifty to sixty inches wide lawn mower snow blower combo. This makes it easier to clear a wide parking area or driveway.
- Large driveway: If you have a large driveway with space for many cars, I recommend a machine with a minimum of sixty inches wide, preferably even wider. With this more powerful machine, you will clear away a lot of snow within a few passes.
● Electric lift system:
If you opt for a larger machine, an electric and one-handed lift system offers maximum convenience and comfort, as you can lower or raise the unit without standing up instead by just pushing a button or pulling a lever while seated.
● Removable wear plates:
A removable wear plate is an essential additional feature contributing to the lifespan of your unit. They protect your machine when set low to the ground, causing no permanent damage to the machine itself.
● It should have enough Horsepower:
Check that the engine of the lawn snow blower combo is strong enough to handle your situation. This applies both for lawn mowing and for snow blowing. An engine with over 20hp can easily handle challenging environments, with long grass and steep climes. The more powerful the engine is, the easier it will get.
Engines smaller than 10hp will have difficulty with any snow blower attachment as this is often the minimum required power to bear the traction caused by the extension.
If you prefer an electric lawnmower snowblower combi, understand that the colder it gets, the less run time you will get from the batteries. This means that if you have to do a lot of snow blowing, you need a larger battery.
● Check the snow blowing stage:
There are three stages of snow blowing that a combo can have. They specify how the snow is discharged from the chute.
- Single-stage snow blowers: Single-stage snow blowers cannot handle very deep snow and throw it away nearby at a very small distance.
- Two-stage snow blowers: They discharge the snow as far as fifty feet with the help of an additional impeller.
- Three-stage snow blowers: They can grind snow and throw it away at extremely long distances. They are costly.
● Is It Also Possible To Make A Snow Blower From An Existing Lawn Mower?
Yes, you can! Use the right snow blower attachments, as they can handle lots of snow and are also suitable to work well in snow conditions. You can also look for plow blade attachments if you prefer to push the snow from your path.
Now that this article has looked at some of the most reliable lawnmowers and snow blower combos and shown you the right ways to choose these attachments, it should be pretty easy to choose which machine is right for you. Efficiency should be the priority when looking for such a combination, so you should get enough information regarding each manufacturer to see which makes quality tools. If you know the essential factors to look for before choosing the snowblower attachment, picking the right equipment will be easy.